After looking at several options, Google Photo Albums give users a simple and effective way of sharing photographs.
Many of SARCC’s Google photo albums are enabled for other members to add photos to them. The instructions below may assist members to add photos to these albums.
From your PC,
- Navigate to the photo-album.
- If there is a “Sign in” box () in the top right hand corner, use this to sign into your Google (gmail) Account. Otherwise, you are already logged in and there should be a circle with a letter or a photo in it. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one here.
- Click on the “Add to album” icon () and “Select from computer”.
- Your photos will have your name in the lower left hand corner. If you click on one of these photos, and press the “Info” icon () you can “Add a description” as well. This is encouraged!
- To add a text box to the album, select the “More options” icon () and “Edit album” from the drop-down list. You then select the “Add text” icon () and add your text in the text box. This box may need to be dragged to the desired position in the album.
- For title pages, you can use the “snipper” or “snip and sketch” tool to copy from your screen to a file or you can use “paint” to add text to a photo. With “Info” you can change the time and date of this file so that the “title” photograph is placed before the photos for that day in the Google photo album.
To create an album you will still need to sign in to Google Photos. If you wish to share your album with SARCC, select the “Share” icon (), then “Copy link”. You can then copy and paste this link to SARCC, and we will add it to our “Photos” page.
From your smart-phone, Open the “Google Photos” app and navigate from there. Click on Library to select a photo album. If you click on a photo and swipe upwards, you will see the details of that photo, along with a caption, which you can edit if you are the owner of that photo.
Please let me know how you get on or if you need more guidance. Also let me know if you think that more explanation is needed. You can submit your comments via the SARCC feedback form.